Restoring confidence in public statements by independently testing and verifying the facts
AAP FactCheck examines the veracity of statements presented as fact by political and public figures. The statements must be quoted in the Australian news media, and include checkable claims as opposed to opinion and commentary.
On this site you can:
- Browse recent claims and verdicts under the Claims section in the menu
- Use the site search box to find a previous claim
Make a submission
If you see a contentious claim that has been directly quoted in the Australian media, AAP FactCheck can verify it for you. Please review our selection criteria before making a submission. All emails to FactCheck@aap.com.au must include:
- Your full name
- Preferred contact number
- Your company or employer (if relevant)
Please note that we do not accept anonymous requests.
If you are submitting a statement for checking, please answer all of the following:
- What statement would you like verified?
- Why do you believe this statement needs checking?
- Who made the statement?
- When was it made?
- Where did you see it published/broadcast?
Also attach a copy of the claim if possible, e.g., a hyperlink to an online article or video.